Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sordid Lives - Coming Soon to a Theatre Near You!

That is... if you live in Austin, Round Rock, or surrounding areas. Rehearsals are well under way, and for the most part going very well. The set is nearing completion, the props are making their way into the actors' hands, and the costumes are appearing on the hangers in the greenroom. I am excited to see it all coming together, and it looks like we will have some really good houses. As of this morning, we have 146 reservations. Since the theatre only seats 50, and we have 14 performances, simple math tells us that we are 20% sold with two weeks to go to opening. Simple logic says... get your reservation now at http://www.sambasstheatre.org!

This has pretty much consumed my free time for the last few week, thus the absence of posts. But I have managed to teach myself some string tricks (ie - Jacob's Ladder, teepee, et al), find jeans that can be removed on stage over my boots, and acquire some removable facial hair. If you need a good laugh, and enjoy silly humour, come on out. I look forward to seeing you!

No comments: