Wednesday, January 7, 2009

10 Things About Me

A good friend emailed her version of this list to me, so... it seems a good way to spread some useless knowledge about myself...

1. I cannot sleep unless everything in my bed is just right. Sheets pulled tight at the feet, pillows not too thick or too thin, on the correct side of the bed (on the right if you're in the bed), sheet and blanket over me.

2. I can play oboe, English horn, saxophone, trombone, and percussion.

3. I secretly like and listen to British "feel good" pop music. (ie - Lily Allen)

4. While I believe that mankind can and does have an impact on the environment, and a responsibility to treat it with respect, I do not believe that "global climate change" is man-made. There have been far too many climate cycles throughout history without our help, and the evidence is just not convincing.

5. I love to cook... I hate washing dishes, especially pots and pans.

6. I find the experience of being tattoed to be more relaxing than painful. It's my own form of therapeutic catharsis for life changing tension.

7. In my professional life I have been all of the following: high school teacher, security guard, delivery truck driver, pyro-technician, animal wrangler (snakes, lizards, scorpions, tarantulas, etc), pharmacy technician, camera clerk, grocer, audio engineer, camera operator, lighting operator, AV designer, and church youth pastor (Baptist).

8. I wear a size 8 hat.

9. I'm a bit of a germaphobe. I tend to use a paper towel for anything I might need to touch in a public restroom, and clean things in a hotel room before I will sleep there.

10. I pluck my eyebrows and/or have them waxed.

6 comments:

Ronni said...

Hey. We all have our little hang-ups! LOL!

Thespian Xenophile said...

#6...for sure.

Unknown said...

I hate to cook and I am very OCD about washing dishes...and only wash pots and pans by hand...There is only one correct way to load a dish washer...and that way is MY way!

davdunlap said...

Somehow, I could see that about you CiCi... My ex always reloaded the dishwasher after I did it.

Ronni said...

As far as I'm concerned, the best way to load a dishwasher is for somebody else to do it.

Marsha said...

Here, here, Ronni!